Whether you are investing in new office chairs or redesigning your entire office, shopping for office furniture can be overwhelming. There are a plethora of options, in a wide variety price ranges, making it difficult to decide what is the best choice for your business. However, it is worth the effort to find the right fit for your needs versus picking items based solely on budget or convenience. Making poor choices can end up costing you more in the long run, so try to avoid these 5 common mistakes when buying your San Antonio office furniture.
1. Price over value. Every business has a budget that must be adhered to in order to be profitable. That being said, cutting costs by buying cheap office furniture may not be the bargain it seems. You want furniture that is a good value, not necessarily the cheapest cost. It is better to spend $500 now for a piece of furniture that will last 5 years than $300 for one that will break in two.
2. Comfort should be the top priority. When it comes to office furniture, comfort should trump both style and cost. Not only are employees that are comfortable more productive, having comfortable, supportive furniture can help them miss less work and have fewer work injuries. Start by finding furniture that feels comfortable, then compare options for style and price.
3. Never rush through the process. Do not make the mistake of trying to save time by just buying the first furniture you come across. Take the time to find the right furniture for your business by researching your options. Office furniture should last for years and is an investment in your company and employees; it should not be something you buy on impulse.
4. Prioritize your needs. If you are furnishing a new office or renovating your existing office, starting by planning and prioritizing your needs. It can be a mistake to buy expensive decorations then need to skimp on important items like desks and chairs. Have a plan that includes what items have the highest priority.
5. Buying without trying. Photos are not the same as touching and seeing furniture in person. It can be tempting to skip the sales process and order office furniture online, but you may regret the decision. Shopping in person gives you a chance to evaluate construction and experience how the furniture feels. In addition, there are often hidden costs to ordering furniture, such as shipping and assembly costs.
If you are buying new office furniture for your San Antonio business, take the time to consider your options carefully. By researching what is available, you can find the right blend of comfort, style and affordability for your business. CBI Group provides many office furniture options that can meet all your needs, with a showroom right here in San Antonio where you can experience our options in office furniture concepts.