Before you dive into a new office furniture layout, there's so much to consider. If you've never designed and implemented an entire office layout before, you might not be sure if you have the necessary skills. Do you have ideas for power and data management? What about storage for everyday items and those you'll need over the long term? Have you considered collaborative vs. isolated work areas?
Here are five things you need to consider before you plan to change your office furniture layout.
- Corporate Culture. Consider the current office environment. What's working great? What might you like to change? Which suggestions from your staff would you like to implement? Consider concepts like formal vs. casual, rigid scheduling vs. flexible hours/breaks, collaborative/communal workspaces vs. cubicles/walls/private offices. These will all come into play as you put a design together.
- Budget. The best way to stay within your budget is to get it right the first time. A new office furniture layout isn't the time for trial and error. If you're new to office design, consulting with a design specialist can save you big and is far more likely to produce the results you want.
- Try Before You Buy! Did you know it's possible to visit an office furniture warehouse? You can sit in chairs, touch desktops, and try out adjustable furnishings. CBI Group has two warehouse locations to serve you. This is the best way to ensure that your new furnishings are exactly what you want.
- Design. Choosing pieces is only half the battle. Once you've found the desks, seating, shelving, and other office furnishings you need, where do you put them? An office design specialist can help you maximize your existing space and arrange a highly functional office furniture layout that your staff will adore.
- Comfort. Consider incorporating pieces that improve the comfort and productivity of your staff. These include adjustable-height tables and desks and offering a variety of chairs so everyone can select one that works for them. The more comfortable your staff members are, the more productive they are.
To learn more about designing and implementing an office furniture layout for your business, contact CBI Group today.